The Technical Writer will join a small team who will lead the development and maintenance of documentation aimed to improve the adoption, implementation, and support of Keyavi technology, as well as to formalize internal infrastructure operations and compliance/security requirements. Documentation may come in the form of user guides, integration manuals, API developer guides, architecture diagrams, installation/configuration instructions, system operations, release notes, procedures, and more.
The Technical Writer reports to the CTO and will work within our software development team, alongside computer programmers, software engineers, QA engineers, and product managers to develop high-quality documentation that meets needs for customers, partners, third parties, and internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate will also provide ongoing support to the CIO and CISO, through the documentation of IT infrastructure operations and for compliance & security requirements. The individual must be comfortable with a fast-paced and quickly changing environment, and capable of working as part of a team.
- Write, review, and edit technical and procedural documents including reference manuals, product manuals, and configuration guides to maintain a library of procedural information; this includes the type of framework, database, and API used in our application.
- Work with our engineering and product team to develop high-quality API documentation; document high-level API patterns and themes from scratch.
- Develop detailed architect documentation, including diagrams, and details on specific technologies implemented (such as cryptographic protocols utilized).
- Collaborate with engineering teams to create code samples/requests for common developer use cases.
- Lead the development of documentation requirement for various security certifications and compliance requirements.
- Document internal infrastructure configurations and operations.
- Develop support material for direct customers and partners, including resellers and consultants.
- Gather and analyze both technical and product information from various sources to document new or evolving product and build, maintain and update both client and internal aids that cover each point of the SDLC process by providing internally focused documentation as well as customer facing training materials.
- Drive the development and maintenance of end user documentation based on information gathered by peers, technical specifications, and actual systems.
- Review and update documentation as needed to ensure accuracy.
- Drive all aspects of documentation development from planning through release.
- Ensure all documentation is accurate and complete with detailed descriptions.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience developing technical documentation related to application development, infrastructure operations, and/or compliance requirements.
- An analytical mind with the ability to write clearly, concisely and in a neutral way.
- Experience with product specifications, QA test plans, SDLC process, API Documentation, IT operations, and more.
- Experience producing visuals to aid in the understanding of technical content (e.g., diagrams, business process flows, etc.).
- Ability to convey technically complicated concepts clearly and accurately to a variety of audiences (both technical and non-technical).
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to handle a high volume of activity efficiently through scalable processes.
- Self-starter who thrives under ambiguity in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented startup environment.
- Ability to take ownership of problems, work alone or with others to follow them to a successful resolution.
- Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and suggest solutions.
- Ability to plan and manage concurrent tasks, assignments, projects, and deadlines.
- Ability to organize and coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to set priorities and assign work to other professionals.
- Strong organizational, administrative and documentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English and/or excellent knowledge of English language
- Experience working in an early-stage environment
- Formal education in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Management Information Systems, (or related)
- 5+ years as technical writer, preferably in Application Development or IT Infrastructure.
- Publicly available technical writing samples.
At Keyavi Data, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone.
Location: Denver, CO, remote